Friday, November 25, 2011

Oh For Joy--A Music Review

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I hope you laughed a lot and ate way too much pumpkin pie! :)

One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is that it officially marks the beginning of the Christmas season. After the fourth Thursday in November, it is generally acceptable to play Christmas music and put up red and green decorations everywhere, and nobody can complain because it's after Thanksgiving.

As part of my planning for this glorious holiday, I went on itunes a couple days ago and filled my wish list with new Christmas music to buy after Thanksgiving. The only full album I bought was David Crowder Band's Oh For Joy.


First of all, if you are familiar with DCB's music, then you already know it's going to be great. If you're not, let me tell you a little bit about it! The album is short, sweet, and to the point (just like me! haha. short jokes.). Eight songs in total, and while none of them are original songs, the arrangements definitely bring something new to the table. "Angels We Have Heard On High" bursts out sounding like a hoedown, complete with fiddles and banjos (the band does hail from Texas). But if you're not a country music fan, don't let that turn you away. There is something for everyone here, all the way to "Carol of the Bells" performed on electric guitars.

All in all, this really is a great album. If you love Christmas music, go get it! Seriously. It's only $6.99 on itunes. How can you pass that up?

No comments:

Post a Comment