Sunday, February 5, 2012

Why did I not know this before?

I absolutely love flour tortillas. The best ones I have ever had were homemade in Honduras. YUM. So thick and delicious. They hardly even compare to the store bought ones.

So... for my first cooking challenge, I decided to make tortillas! I found this recipe by doing a google search for "easy tortilla recipe" (or something along those lines). Even though I have been wanting to do this for a while, I finally got up the courage yesterday. The results... success!

Not only are they delicious, they are so simple and fast! There are only four ingredients--flour, salt, vegetable oil, and water. Basic things, but they come together in a beautiful way.

Note: You will have to experiment with different thicknesses, but I found that I like them fairly thin. Not paper thin, but most of mine I made too thick and then under-cooked a little due to lack of patience. However, even slightly underdone, I would still highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment