Friday, January 27, 2012

Learning to Cook

I really like the idea of cooking. Food is great, and cooking is fun, plus it is an important life skill. The problem is, I never do it. And, since I've started Pinterest-ing, I've found even more recipes that I want to make! Gah!

Source: http://cookinginstilettos.com/2009/08/09/julieandjulia/
 I really want to come up with some cooking challenge type thing that will help me improve my cooking abilities and keep me accountable. I don't need to be the next Julia Child or anything even remotely close to that. These meals will not be gourmet, but they also will not come straight out of the freezer. At one point I was going to make dinner for my family once a week... that lasted about two weeks. My current thought is that maybe my goal will be to will make a recipe (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, dessert, whatever) once a week. Unless I have a realllly good excuse not to do it one week. But it would have to be at least twice a month.

I think this would be realistic and allow for lots of freedom while still challenging me. What do you think? Also, if you have any delicious (and fairly easy) recipes to recommend, send them my way!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I love julia child and her movie. I would suggest starting with cookies, they are pretty easy and really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I made tortillas the other day (see my post from yesterday) but maybe cookies are in my future!

      Delete